We are pleased to inform you that the student registration campaign for the school year 2023-2024 is opened.
It concerns children born before December 2017, who wish to be enrolled in classes from the Cours Préparatoire (CP) to the class of Terminale (last year of High School).
Please use our digital platform, EDUKA, in order to create a profile and submit you application form.
N.B With regard to the “förskola” (pre-school structure), you access the waiting list through the registration portal of the city of Stockholm: https://forskola.stockholm/hitta-forskola/forskola/lycee-francais-saint-louis-forskola/
To do this, you must be registered in Sweden and have a Swedish electronic legitimation.
LYCÉE FRANÇAIS SAINT LOUIS, ITS MISSION:
The mission of the Lycée Français Saint Louis, which is part of the AEFE international network, is triple:
• to educate French children resident in Sweden,
• to educate children in Sweden whose families have chosen to follow the French school system,
• to educate school children with another citizenship, whose family has chosen the French school system
Our goal is to promote the French language and culture at school, as well as to enable students to discover our hosting country Sweden and its culture.
We follow the French Ministry of Education’s national curriculum and are thus entitled to offer the French degrees such as DNB – Diplôme National du Brevet – at the end of 3ème, the Baccalauréat and the Swedish OIB at the end of Terminale (last year in high school).
At the school, teaching is also given in Swedish: Swedish teaching at LFSL
Admission to the classes in primary school prioritizes children with the following profile:
• children of French families living in Sweden for a limited time, coming from the French school system (eg. a school in France or school within the AEFE network),
• children of families from a third country, who live in Sweden for a limited time and who belong to the French school system (eg. a school in France or a school within the AEFE network),
• children who have siblings who are already enrolled at the school
• in CP, children who have attended our pre-school, Förskolan Lycée Français Saint Louis,
• time the child has been on the waiting list,
• Other cases.
Enrollment in upper secondary school mainly applies to children with the following profile:
• Children from French families living in Sweden for a limited time, coming from the French school system (eg a school in France or a school within the AEFE network),
• Children from families from a third country who live in Sweden for a limited time and who have entered the French school system (eg a school in France or a school within the AEFE network),
• Children from Swedish families, who have completed their entire schooling in the French school system and have chosen to study for a French Baccalauréat.
All children who do not come from the French school system must undergo a level assessment, which determines the possibility of enrolment. https://www.aefe.fr/scolarite/comment-sinscrire
Together with the place offer you will receive:
• An invoice for registration fee of SEK 1500
• An economic regulation (see explanations below)
The enrolment comes into effect when the payment of the registration fee and the approval of the financial regulation have been submitted to LFSL.
Documents for students with special needs:
Scolarisation élèves parcours de scolarisation
The school is open to children of all nationalities. But from CP (6 years) good knowledge in French is essential.
The admission is based on our capacity (number of students) where the students who are already following the French school system and who are approved at the level stated on the certificate of termination (exeat) and with approved grades are prioritized.
All children who do not come from the French school system must undergo a level test.
Documents to be submitted when applying for enrolment :
For families living in France or coming from a school within the AEFE network:
• Evidence of the student’s citizenship (copy of identity card or passport),
• A copy of the family booklet (marriage and child),
• a diploma from the previous school
• A copy of the grades for the current year, as well as the 3rd term of the previous year,
• In the case of divorce / legal separation, an official document stating the child’s guardian.
For families resident in Sweden:
• Evidence of the student’s citizenship, “personbevis”.
BEFORE SCHOOL START
A certificate that the student has left the previous school (exeat), the entire school folder including the previous school’s approval to move up to the next class, as well as the health documentation.
Lycée Français Saint Louis de Stockholm
112 66 Stockholm
Tél. : +46 8 441 30 30
E-mail : secretariat[a]lfsl.net
Preschool education – “FÖRSKOLA”
The Lycée Français Saint Louis foundation in Stockholm has an agreement with AEFE from CP to Terminale, which means that there is no French “maternelle”. However, the foundation runs a Swedish preschool for children from one year of age, where the Swedish curriculum is followed.
All children from one year of age with a Swedish social security number, regardless of nationality, can apply to the preschool.
The distribution of places is based on the preschool’s capacity of and according to the following prioritization criteria:
1) grouping of siblings (brothers and sisters who are already enrolled in the preschool),
2) registration date on the waiting list
We are connected with the City of Stockholm regarding the waiting list and recommend you to enrol your child, as soon as possible, on this link: https://forskola.stockholm/sok-plats-pa-forskolan/
In order to enrol, your child needs a Swedish social security number (“personnummer”) and you enrol either digitally with an electronical ID (“Bank ID”) or via a form. Link to the form: https://forskola.stockholm/globalassets/forskola-och-skola/forskola/dokument/ansokan-om-forskola-och-pedagogisk-omsorg-20-02.pdf
N.B. For families not domiciled and registered in Sweden, information can be obtained from the “Kontaktcenter Förskola” of the City of Stockholm at the following telephone number: +46 (8) 508 11 550 or via mail: email@example.com
The preschool fee is calculated according to Stockholm City’s “maximum rate”, which is linked to the family’s income.
- A place at the preschool does not guarantee an automatic integration of the child into the International school (assessment is made when applying to the CP).
- Since the enrolment process for the preschool takes place separately from the AEFE section (CP to Terminale), this means that siblings can be offered a place in the Elementary school and Upper secondary school, but not necessarily at the preschool.