Located in the main building, the library (CDI) is conceived as a public space and a meeting place for everyone in the school: students, teachers, school staff and parents.
MODALITIES OF THE CDI – SCHOOL START 2020
The CDI wishes to function as normally as possible in the beginning of the school year 2020, but we must respect the health standards and the protocol applied in the establishment. The functioning of the CDI will therefore evolve depending on the spread of the coronavirus and the measures applied to the LFSL as a whole.
During this back-to-school period, here is what has been decided:
Access to the CDI and book loans.
• The book loans are done during the CDI slots included in the timetable for all classes in Élémentaire.
Pupils who wish to do so can go to the CDI at 3 p.m. to return and / or borrow books on their own, but they are not allowed to sit there to read or do their homework after school.
• Students in Collège can return or borrow books after the last hour of class. Students in Lycée can contact the CDI to come and borrow books during their lunch hour if their schedule does not allow them to come at another time. Students in Collège and Lycée are allowed to stay at the CDI to complete school work requiring CDI resources.
• Legal responsibles do not have access to the CDI. Nevertheless, we wish to continue to promote reading in families and offer a book reservation system via the CDI site E-SIDOC. To access it, please connect to Pronote then click on “CDI Portal”. You can also contact us by email by following this link.
Return of borrowed books.
• Élémentaire: The books borrowed by your children during the CDI weekly slot are returned to the CDI and placed in a bin specially put into service for the return of books for each class.
• Secondaire: Students in Collège and Lycée put their books in the return bin located at the entrance to the CDI.
• All books returned to the CDI are systematically quarantined for one week.